Start on your path to wellness and contact us today…
Carol A. Daw – MSW, RSW
Clinical Social Worker & Family and Divorce Mediator
|Mobile: (403) 813-5603
For appointments outside of currently available online booking, please call or e-mail Carol directly.
All clients are asked to go to caroldaw.noustalk.com and
- register – Go to: “Add Client” – fill out a brief, one page form with name, address, telephone number;
When asked, when registering, enter the time zone “MST/Canada/Mountain Time so the calendar “syncs” us. (You will see what I mean when you are registering).
- Read and sign the informed consent form under “Documents”
- You may fill out the Intake form if you wish under “Documents”
- After registering on this platform you will be able to book an appointment online (or by phone or e-mail)
Before registering, you may also wish to:
- Call or text: (403) 813-5603 if you have questions, or to book an appointment
- E-Mail: email@example.com to book an appointment, ask questions, or for any clarification
Since the declaration of the Global Pandemic, (Covid-19) in March, 2020, services have been provided by “telehealth” and will continue to be provided “online” indefinitely. “In person” counselling is not being offered at this time.
Although we were at first uncertain about providing “online therapy”, over the 3 years we have had considerable training and experience in providing online therapy. Our confidence and experience has increased considerably, and the confidence and satisfaction of our clients has also been encouraging. Many clients have indicated that although they were initially uncertain about doing on-line counselling, they now find it very convenient and also very successful in helping them to meet their goals. Clients have indicated that the support and strategies provided by the therapist on-line have been extremely helpful. I hope that this will also be your experience.
For online therapy we provide a confidential platform (noustalk or zoom professional) that is encrypted and meets the privacy requirements for telehealth in Canada. Noustalk has the benefit of offering online appointment booking. It also has the capability to allow you to take notes during session, and it accepts credit card payments and immediately issues receipts, if you wish. There is no cost to you for either of these platforms.
Sometimes sessions are on “facetime” or by telephone. However, Noustalk and Zoom are currently our preferred means of providing service. We can talk about this more before your first appointment, if you like.
All appointments at this time are online. Most clients have been finding the online counselling very convenient and helpful. I hope that you will too! It means that although I live and work in Calgary, whatever area of Calgary or Alberta that you live in, I am able to provide convenient services.
All you need is:
- A platform to meet on (which I provide, at no cost to you, using either noustalk or zoom professional version)
- A computer, laptop, i-pad or smartphone
- A good internet connection
Why On-Line Counselling or Therapy?
- Effective – Most clients report that on-line counselling and therapy is extremely effective
- Convenient – you can reside in any area of Calgary (or Edmonton, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, or anywhere else in Alberta for that matter) and still get accessible services
- No travel time, traffic or bad weather to deal with
- Security and comfort of your own home, office or other safe and confidential space
Do you need: a good listening ear, additional coping skills and stress reduction strategies, support, guidance, help processing past or recent trauma? I would be happy to help . I look forward to the opportunity to meet with you online to discuss your circumstances and how I can be helpful.