Carol Daw has successfully treated individuals, couples and families struggling with:
- conflict and disconnection
- parenting problems
- communication patterns
- marital difficulties
- Blended Families
- trauma experiences
- job loss
- family of origin concerns
- grief and loss
- Separation and Divorce
- low self-esteem
- anger issues
- grief and loss
Bow Valley Counselling and Mediation welcomes and has experience supporting ethnically, sexually and spiritually diverse people.
Mediation Services – (Divorce, Family, Employment)
Mediation is a type of conflict resolution where a neutral third person assists the parties in reaching a mutually agreeable solution to their issues. It can be particularly useful for adult family members or parent-teen disputes as well as an effective option for separating and divorcing couples. Carol Daw is a Family Mediator and she is well-experienced working with high conflict parties to help them to reach a settlement to their disputes.
Each person has an idea of the problems and issues that need resolving. The Mediator helps you identify the issues where there is agreement and where there is disagreement and works with you to find the best solutions. The Mediator is a neutral third party. In divorce and separation, there are many details that need to be settled, such as: Who moves out, and when, how, and where to tell the children, how to divide possessions, how to coparent? What happens to debts and assets? etc. Research shows that it is best for children when parents can cooperate after a separation. When the parents are in conflict the children’s needs are not given adequate attention. Mediation can help you do this. More Info
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing)
• EMDR is used to resolve symptoms resulting from disturbing memories and unresolved life experiences.
• EMDR is a well-researched method for reducing symptoms of PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) as well as a wide variety of other negative thoughts and behaviours.
Carol Daw is a certified EMDR therapist and has many years of experience with this very effective therapy method. More Info
CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
• CBT is based on the idea that thoughts influence our feelings and behaviour and gives clients strategies for working with thoughts, behaviours and feelings in such a way as to reduce struggles.
• CBT has strong evidence to support its effectiveness
• CBT is based on the idea that our thoughts cause our feelings and behaviours, not external things, therefore, if we can change the way we think we can feel and behave differently, even if the situation does not change.
GOTTMAN METHOD COUPLES THERAPY
• Combines the knowledge and wisdom of decades of research and clinical practice.
• Interventions and exercises help couples break through barriers to achieving greater understanding, connection and intimacy in their relationships.
• Interventions are designed to increase respect, affection, and closeness; break through and resolve conflict when stuck; keep conflict discussions calm; create greater understanding between partners. More Info
Dealing With Difficult People
Do you have staff or colleagues who would benefit from learning how to deal more efficiently with “Difficult People” in their lives, whether at work or at home?
This half-day workshop will give attendees a better understanding of Difficult People, and their options for dealing with them, hopefully reducing their stress and improving their happiness and productivity as a result.
Adult Step Families
2 hour seminars: Dates: To Be Announced
$25 per person
Please contact us for more details.